Delhi Police to ensure smooth traffic during IITF
New Delhi: Restrictions on parking and pedestrian movement are among a slew of measures taken by the Delhi Police to ensure a smooth flow of traffic during the India International Trade Fair (IITF) beginning Sunday.
"No vehicle will be allowed to halt or park on the
Mathura Road near Pragati Maidan where the trade fair will be
held from November 14 to November 27," Joint Commissioner of
Police (Traffic) Satyendra Garg told reporters here.
Besides, he said, pedestrians will not be allowed to
cross the road near Pragati Maidan and they will have to use
the three foot-overbridges on Mathura Road and an underpass in
Bhairon Road to cross the stretch.
"Lakhs of people come to the fair. Elaborate arrangements
have been made. One can expect congestion on Mathura Road,
Bhairon Road, Ring Road, Sher Shah Road and Purana Quila Road
during these days," Garg said.
To ensure smooth traffic, parking on Mathura Road,
Bhairon Road, Sher Shah Road and Purana Quila Road will not be
allowed, besides taking a U-turn on Mathura Road and right
turn from Mathura Road to Purana Quila Road, the JCP said.
"There is no parking available for people in the vicinity
of Pragati Maidan," Garg said, adding that visitors will have
to avail the two `Park and Ride` facilities at Sunehri Pullah
on Lodhi Road and Ashpond behind Rajghat.
Garg said Metro will be the best mode of transport for
those visiting the fair as Pragati Maidan Metro station is
near the venue. People can also take DTC buses (No.s 344, 355,
374, 403, 405, 411, 419, 423, 429, 438 and 980).
"There will be no entry after 4 pm on weekends and after
6 pm on weekdays. Tickets are sold till 4 pm on weekdays and 2
pm on weekends. While the first five days are reserved for
business visitors, the fair will be open for public from
November 19," Garg said.
Tickets can be bought at any Metro Station in Delhi or
NCR and can also be bought at Gate No 1 and 2 of Pragati
Maidan. There is no sale of tickets for the fair anywhere
There will also be a "Round Robin DTC Shuttle" service
connecting Pragati Maidan and Indraprastha Metro Stations and
gates of the fair. "People can use shuttle service for entry
and exit from Pragati Maidan and connecting to metro stations,
pre-paid auto stand, park and ride facilities," Garg said.
Pre-paid auto facility will be available for visitors at
Gate No 2 and 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa