Delhi rape: NPSU demands death penalty for accused
Jammu: Anguished over the rape of a five-year-old girl in the national capital, the youth wing of the Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party(JKNPP) on Monday demanded capital punishment for the accused.
"It is horrifying the way the small girl was raped and it has crossed all the limits of inhumanity in the National Capital, which has become the den of such activities," National Panthers Student Union (NPSU) president, Thakur Virender Singh said.
"There is no security of even innocent children," Singh said, adding that such culprits should be hanged publicly.
Blaming the Centre for increase in such incidents, the NPSU leader said, "UPA has failed to protect the common man and the national capital has become rape capital, which is very disheartening".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam