Delhi rape: NPSU demands death penalty for accused
Jammu: Anguished over the rape of a five-year-old girl in the national capital, the youth wing of the Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party(JKNPP) on Monday demanded capital punishment for the accused.
"It is horrifying the way the small girl was raped and it has crossed all the limits of inhumanity in the National Capital, which has become the den of such activities," National Panthers Student Union (NPSU) president, Thakur Virender Singh said.
"There is no security of even innocent children," Singh said, adding that such culprits should be hanged publicly.
Blaming the Centre for increase in such incidents, the NPSU leader said, "UPA has failed to protect the common man and the national capital has become rape capital, which is very disheartening".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note