Delhi serial blasts accused arrested in Azamgarh
Lucknow: An accused in the 2008 serial
blasts in the national capital was on Monday arrested by the
Anti-Terror Squad of the Uttar Pradesh Police from Azamgarh
district, a senior officer said here.
Shahzad alias Pappu, who was an accused in September
13, 2008 serial blasts in Delhi and carried a cash reward of
Rs five lakh on his head, was arrested by the ATS from
Khalispur village this evening, Additional Director General of
Police (law and order) Brij Lal told reporters here.
He alleged Pappu was member of the Indian Mujahideen
He said that earlier a letter was received from the
Delhi Police stating that Pappu was wanted in five cases
related to the serial blasts.
"For the last few days, ATS was receiving information
that some accused wanted in Delhi serials blasts and Batla
House encounter were hiding in UP," the ADG said.
He said that during investigation it was found that
Pappu was hiding in Azamgarh district and frequently shifting
"The ATS finally arrested him this afternoon," he
The ADG said Pappu was being brought to Lucknow, where
detailed interrogation will be done.
"Delhi Police has also been informed and their team is
likely to reach Lucknow tonight or tomorrow morning," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Adani's Australia coal mine project faces another legal hurdle
- Youths struck by lightening: Cause of death not ascertained
- Anti-EU campaigner Nigel Farage urges `Brexit government`
- Action will be taken in South Sudan incident: UN peacekeeping chief
- Brexit impact: European markets suffer heavy sell-off; London stocks tank over 8%