Delhi tax lawyer found murdered in office
New Delhi: An advocate, a former president of the Delhi Income Tax Bar Association was found murdered in his office in east Delhi, police said Friday.
"The body of Subhash Gupta, 57, was found at his office in east Delhi`s Shakarpur area Friday midnight," said a police officer.
Subhash Gupta`s hand and legs were tied with a rope and his body was naked, police said.
He was the president of the Resident Welfare Association (RWA) of his locality and headed the Indraprastha Ramlila Committee.
"A case has been registered and investigations are on," said Deputy Commissioner of Police Prabhakar.
Subhash Gupta lived at Anand Vihar with his family and had an office in Surana Bhawan at Lalita Park in east Delhi.
His family got worried after his mobile phone was not reachable at night. His brother Rajeev Gupta and his son Kshitij went to his office, where they found the door locked from outside and his car parked outside.
Sensing something amiss, they called police around 12.30 a.m. Police broke the lock and recovered Subhash Gupta`s body.
"A few injury marks have been found on his head and face. His mobile phone was missing," said an officer.
The reason of the murder is suspected to be enmity. Police are questioning Subhash Gupta`s family and relatives.
"Subhash Gupta last called his wife on her mobile phone at 8.15 p.m. Thursday. When he did not return home by 11 p.m., we called his mobile phone but it was unreachable," said Rajeev Gupta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble