Delhi tax lawyer found murdered in office
New Delhi: An advocate, a former president of the Delhi Income Tax Bar Association was found murdered in his office in east Delhi, police said Friday.
"The body of Subhash Gupta, 57, was found at his office in east Delhi`s Shakarpur area Friday midnight," said a police officer.
Subhash Gupta`s hand and legs were tied with a rope and his body was naked, police said.
He was the president of the Resident Welfare Association (RWA) of his locality and headed the Indraprastha Ramlila Committee.
"A case has been registered and investigations are on," said Deputy Commissioner of Police Prabhakar.
Subhash Gupta lived at Anand Vihar with his family and had an office in Surana Bhawan at Lalita Park in east Delhi.
His family got worried after his mobile phone was not reachable at night. His brother Rajeev Gupta and his son Kshitij went to his office, where they found the door locked from outside and his car parked outside.
Sensing something amiss, they called police around 12.30 a.m. Police broke the lock and recovered Subhash Gupta`s body.
"A few injury marks have been found on his head and face. His mobile phone was missing," said an officer.
The reason of the murder is suspected to be enmity. Police are questioning Subhash Gupta`s family and relatives.
"Subhash Gupta last called his wife on her mobile phone at 8.15 p.m. Thursday. When he did not return home by 11 p.m., we called his mobile phone but it was unreachable," said Rajeev Gupta.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'