Delhi woman attempts suicide
New Delhi: A 21-year-old woman tried to commit suicide by jumping from a building after a quarrel with her boyfriend over their marriage, police said.
The incident was reported from Jwala Heri village in west Delhi`s Paschim Vihar around 10 am.
The woman wanted to marry her boyfriend Pankaj soon, but he sought some more time for their wedding. His refusal to marry her soon prompted her to jump from the third floor of the building in which Pankaj was living, police said.
"She was rushed to a hospital where her condition is stated to be critical," said a police officer.
Both were in a relationship for the last four years.
"The woman had been visiting Pankaj`s room since Saturday and pressurising him continuously to marry her soon. On Monday morning, she arrived again and started insisting that they marry soon," said the officer.
The woman works in a consultancy firm in west Delhi`s Pitampura area while her boyfriend, who belongs to Himachal Pradesh, works in a private company in Gurgaon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal