Delhi woman attempts suicide
New Delhi: A 21-year-old woman tried to commit suicide by jumping from a building after a quarrel with her boyfriend over their marriage, police said.
The incident was reported from Jwala Heri village in west Delhi`s Paschim Vihar around 10 am.
The woman wanted to marry her boyfriend Pankaj soon, but he sought some more time for their wedding. His refusal to marry her soon prompted her to jump from the third floor of the building in which Pankaj was living, police said.
"She was rushed to a hospital where her condition is stated to be critical," said a police officer.
Both were in a relationship for the last four years.
"The woman had been visiting Pankaj`s room since Saturday and pressurising him continuously to marry her soon. On Monday morning, she arrived again and started insisting that they marry soon," said the officer.
The woman works in a consultancy firm in west Delhi`s Pitampura area while her boyfriend, who belongs to Himachal Pradesh, works in a private company in Gurgaon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant