Delhi woman attempts suicide
New Delhi: A 21-year-old woman tried to commit suicide by jumping from a building after a quarrel with her boyfriend over their marriage, police said.
The incident was reported from Jwala Heri village in west Delhi`s Paschim Vihar around 10 am.
The woman wanted to marry her boyfriend Pankaj soon, but he sought some more time for their wedding. His refusal to marry her soon prompted her to jump from the third floor of the building in which Pankaj was living, police said.
"She was rushed to a hospital where her condition is stated to be critical," said a police officer.
Both were in a relationship for the last four years.
"The woman had been visiting Pankaj`s room since Saturday and pressurising him continuously to marry her soon. On Monday morning, she arrived again and started insisting that they marry soon," said the officer.
The woman works in a consultancy firm in west Delhi`s Pitampura area while her boyfriend, who belongs to Himachal Pradesh, works in a private company in Gurgaon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!