Delhi youth jailed for 10 yrs for raping woman
New Delhi: A youth has been jailed for 10 years by a Delhi court for raping a married woman after mixing some sedatives in her food with the help of his mother, who has been sentenced to seven years imprisonment.
The court held 20-year-old convict Sukhdev and his mother Geeta, 45, guilty of abducting the victim to compel her for marriage, causing hurt by means of poison and wrongfully confining her.
Sukhdev was also convicted of raping the 34-year-old woman.
"I am of the considered opinion that as far as the involvement of accused Sukhdev and Geeta in the commission of the offences under section 328 IPC and 342 read with section 366 IPC and that of accused Sukhdev also in the commission of the offence under section 376 IPC is concerned, the same is sufficiently established by the cogent and reliable evidence ...," Additional Sessions Judge M C Gupta said.
The woman told the court that she and Sukhdev were colleagues and became friendly.
On the morning of July 10, 2012, when she was going to office, Geeta met her and took her to her house saying if she does not meet her son, he will die, she said.
According to the prosecution, Sukhdev and Geeta offered her food which had some sedatives mixed in it. After consuming it, she felt giddy and was raped by Sukhdev.
Police said Sukhdev abducted the woman and took her out of Delhi and confined her in a room for 5-6 days where she was repeatedly raped by him.
After she was brought back here by the accused and released, she reported the matter at Adarsh Nagar police station and Sukhdev and Geeta were arrested.
Both the accused claimed that they were falsely implicated in the case. They said the woman was not happy with her husband and wanted to marry Sukhdev, but Geeta was against it and that is why a false case was lodged against them.
The court, however, rejected their contention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?