Dikshit releases helpline numbers booklet for women
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Monday released a booklet featuring various helpline numbers and safety precautions needed to be taken by women in distress.
The booklet has been brought out by National Commission for Women(NCW) to make the fairer sex aware of the various helplines as well as safety measures available to them.
Dikshit released the booklet in presence of NCW chairperson Mamta Sharma.
"The booklet is being brought out as part of the efforts to help the women in distress," Dikshit said.
Sharma said it will be distributed among women in the city.
Officials said Dikshit and Sharma also discussed the ways to improve safety measures for women in the wake of the December 16 gang-rape incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it