Dikshit releases helpline numbers booklet for women
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Monday released a booklet featuring various helpline numbers and safety precautions needed to be taken by women in distress.
The booklet has been brought out by National Commission for Women(NCW) to make the fairer sex aware of the various helplines as well as safety measures available to them.
Dikshit released the booklet in presence of NCW chairperson Mamta Sharma.
"The booklet is being brought out as part of the efforts to help the women in distress," Dikshit said.
Sharma said it will be distributed among women in the city.
Officials said Dikshit and Sharma also discussed the ways to improve safety measures for women in the wake of the December 16 gang-rape incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?