Dikshit releases helpline numbers booklet for women
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Monday released a booklet featuring various helpline numbers and safety precautions needed to be taken by women in distress.
The booklet has been brought out by National Commission for Women(NCW) to make the fairer sex aware of the various helplines as well as safety measures available to them.
Dikshit released the booklet in presence of NCW chairperson Mamta Sharma.
"The booklet is being brought out as part of the efforts to help the women in distress," Dikshit said.
Sharma said it will be distributed among women in the city.
Officials said Dikshit and Sharma also discussed the ways to improve safety measures for women in the wake of the December 16 gang-rape incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors