Dikshit releases helpline numbers booklet for women
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Monday released a booklet featuring various helpline numbers and safety precautions needed to be taken by women in distress.
The booklet has been brought out by National Commission for Women(NCW) to make the fairer sex aware of the various helplines as well as safety measures available to them.
Dikshit released the booklet in presence of NCW chairperson Mamta Sharma.
"The booklet is being brought out as part of the efforts to help the women in distress," Dikshit said.
Sharma said it will be distributed among women in the city.
Officials said Dikshit and Sharma also discussed the ways to improve safety measures for women in the wake of the December 16 gang-rape incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31