Domestic help arrested for theft in south Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi police have arrested a domestic help for allegedly stealing Rs 11 lakh cash and jewellery worth around Rs eight lakh from a house here when his employers had gone out to watch a movie.
Besides domestic help Shiv Shankar, 27, his two juvenile accomplices have also been apprehended from Haldwani village at Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh, police said, adding that Rs 7 lakh cash and other stolen articles worth around Rs 80,000 have also been recovered.
The accused were arrested following registration of an FIR at Kalkaji police station by Yavit Singh Tehlan who alleged that his domestic help was missing.
The FIR alleged the accused took away Rs 11 lakh cash and jewellery worth around Rs eight lakh from Tehlans` house on the evening of May 17 when they had gone out to watch a movie.
Police arrested the accused from a house in neighboring Greater Noida.
Shiv Shandar, a school dropout, was involved in two other criminal cases, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back