Domestic help arrested for theft in south Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi police have arrested a domestic help for allegedly stealing Rs 11 lakh cash and jewellery worth around Rs eight lakh from a house here when his employers had gone out to watch a movie.
Besides domestic help Shiv Shankar, 27, his two juvenile accomplices have also been apprehended from Haldwani village at Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh, police said, adding that Rs 7 lakh cash and other stolen articles worth around Rs 80,000 have also been recovered.
The accused were arrested following registration of an FIR at Kalkaji police station by Yavit Singh Tehlan who alleged that his domestic help was missing.
The FIR alleged the accused took away Rs 11 lakh cash and jewellery worth around Rs eight lakh from Tehlans` house on the evening of May 17 when they had gone out to watch a movie.
Police arrested the accused from a house in neighboring Greater Noida.
Shiv Shandar, a school dropout, was involved in two other criminal cases, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!