Domestic help arrested for theft in south Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi police have arrested a domestic help for allegedly stealing Rs 11 lakh cash and jewellery worth around Rs eight lakh from a house here when his employers had gone out to watch a movie.
Besides domestic help Shiv Shankar, 27, his two juvenile accomplices have also been apprehended from Haldwani village at Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh, police said, adding that Rs 7 lakh cash and other stolen articles worth around Rs 80,000 have also been recovered.
The accused were arrested following registration of an FIR at Kalkaji police station by Yavit Singh Tehlan who alleged that his domestic help was missing.
The FIR alleged the accused took away Rs 11 lakh cash and jewellery worth around Rs eight lakh from Tehlans` house on the evening of May 17 when they had gone out to watch a movie.
Police arrested the accused from a house in neighboring Greater Noida.
Shiv Shandar, a school dropout, was involved in two other criminal cases, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery