Domestic help arrested for theft in south Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi police have arrested a domestic help for allegedly stealing Rs 11 lakh cash and jewellery worth around Rs eight lakh from a house here when his employers had gone out to watch a movie.
Besides domestic help Shiv Shankar, 27, his two juvenile accomplices have also been apprehended from Haldwani village at Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh, police said, adding that Rs 7 lakh cash and other stolen articles worth around Rs 80,000 have also been recovered.
The accused were arrested following registration of an FIR at Kalkaji police station by Yavit Singh Tehlan who alleged that his domestic help was missing.
The FIR alleged the accused took away Rs 11 lakh cash and jewellery worth around Rs eight lakh from Tehlans` house on the evening of May 17 when they had gone out to watch a movie.
Police arrested the accused from a house in neighboring Greater Noida.
Shiv Shandar, a school dropout, was involved in two other criminal cases, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list