`Don’t dare meet Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit`
New Delhi: Doubting a land scandal, Aam Aadmi Party convenor Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday alleged that about 500 houses in Okhla were demolished by the Delhi government led by Sheila Dikshit.
“They had valid ownership docs. No notice. Houses just demolished,” tweeted Kejriwal.
“How can u demolish houses like this? The site looks like an earthquake site,” added Kejriwal, who further claimed: “Privately, I am told officials admit it was a mistake.”
However, the Aam Aadmi Party leader sniffed a land scandal in the whole episode, tweeting: “But it seems to be a land scandal. This is prime land. Who is eyeing it?”
He also said that the Delhi CM has refused to give time for a meeting. “So all of us will go and park outside her house at 7 am tomorrow and will wait till she meets us.”
The former aide of activist Anna Hazare further alleged that police have been `calling up everyone and saying - don`t dare come to meet Sheila Dikshit, else you would be lathi charged.’
“People can`t meet their CM? They wud be lathi charged if they attempt to? CM demolishes their houses and they can`t even meet her?”
The houses were owned by poor people, who are now forced to live on road in severe winter. “No food, no tent, no water. I just visited them. They were crying,” said Kejriwal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India