`Don’t dare meet Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit`
New Delhi: Doubting a land scandal, Aam Aadmi Party convenor Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday alleged that about 500 houses in Okhla were demolished by the Delhi government led by Sheila Dikshit.
“They had valid ownership docs. No notice. Houses just demolished,” tweeted Kejriwal.
“How can u demolish houses like this? The site looks like an earthquake site,” added Kejriwal, who further claimed: “Privately, I am told officials admit it was a mistake.”
However, the Aam Aadmi Party leader sniffed a land scandal in the whole episode, tweeting: “But it seems to be a land scandal. This is prime land. Who is eyeing it?”
He also said that the Delhi CM has refused to give time for a meeting. “So all of us will go and park outside her house at 7 am tomorrow and will wait till she meets us.”
The former aide of activist Anna Hazare further alleged that police have been `calling up everyone and saying - don`t dare come to meet Sheila Dikshit, else you would be lathi charged.’
“People can`t meet their CM? They wud be lathi charged if they attempt to? CM demolishes their houses and they can`t even meet her?”
The houses were owned by poor people, who are now forced to live on road in severe winter. “No food, no tent, no water. I just visited them. They were crying,” said Kejriwal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report