`Don’t dare meet Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit`
New Delhi: Doubting a land scandal, Aam Aadmi Party convenor Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday alleged that about 500 houses in Okhla were demolished by the Delhi government led by Sheila Dikshit.
“They had valid ownership docs. No notice. Houses just demolished,” tweeted Kejriwal.
“How can u demolish houses like this? The site looks like an earthquake site,” added Kejriwal, who further claimed: “Privately, I am told officials admit it was a mistake.”
However, the Aam Aadmi Party leader sniffed a land scandal in the whole episode, tweeting: “But it seems to be a land scandal. This is prime land. Who is eyeing it?”
He also said that the Delhi CM has refused to give time for a meeting. “So all of us will go and park outside her house at 7 am tomorrow and will wait till she meets us.”
The former aide of activist Anna Hazare further alleged that police have been `calling up everyone and saying - don`t dare come to meet Sheila Dikshit, else you would be lathi charged.’
“People can`t meet their CM? They wud be lathi charged if they attempt to? CM demolishes their houses and they can`t even meet her?”
The houses were owned by poor people, who are now forced to live on road in severe winter. “No food, no tent, no water. I just visited them. They were crying,” said Kejriwal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand