DTC decides to install CCTVs in 200 buses in first-phase
New Delhi: With an aim to keep vigil on every passenger, Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) has decided to install CCTVs in 200 buses, including AC and non-AC floor buses, in the first phase.
According to DTC, it has floated tenders for installing CCTVs and two companies have so far shown their interest in the project.
"We have decided to install CCTVs in 200 buses, including AC and non-AC floor buses, in the first phase. Installing CCTVs in DTC`s buses will be carried out in a phased wise. In the second phase, many buses will come under this project," said a senior official of DTC said.
DTC claims with the introduction of such project, it will have a vigil on each passenger traveling in the buses across the national Capital.
"Two CCTVs will be installed in every bus and two companies have so far shown their interest in our project. Each CCTV will have a capacity of recording for 15 days," the official said.
"For monitoring the footages of CCTVs, a control room will also be made. For instance, if a passenger`s behaviour is suspected traveling in a DTC bus, control room will immediately forward a message to the nearest police station. Besides, molestation cases can closely be monitored by this project," the official said.
DTC sources said that corporation is considering to bring 200 buses of two depots under CCTV project, adding that awarded company will have to look after design, develop, build, install, maintain CCTVs in buses.
The official said that such step will prove very useful for the women passengers, who travel in corporation buses, especially at late night.
In the aftermath of the December 16 gang-rape cases, DTC had also started providing two home guards on the late night services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next