DTC records highest one-day collection
New Delhi: Delhi Transport Corporation, which
runs the world`s largest fleet of CNG buses, has posted a
record revenue collection of Rs 3.78 crore on a single day.
The corporation`s highest single day earning was achieved
yesterday when its buses ferried over 48 lakh commuters. The
average daily revenue collection of DTC has been around Rs 3.3
crore in the last few months.
Yesterday`s total revenue collection included Rs 3.13
crore from ticketed earnings and Rs 41.40 lakh from
DTC also earned Rs 1.38 lakh yesterday by imposing fines
on 691 ticketless passengers.
The previous highest single-day collection was recorded on
June 13 when the collection had touched Rs 3.61 crore.
The record collection was achieved as DTC carried out a
special drive by deploying senior officials across the city to
bring overall efficiency in its operation and particularly to
ensure adherence to the time-table by the bus drivers
"The main purpose of the drive was to educate drivers
about proper parking at bus stops, to guide and encourage
commuters to travel with proper tickets and to catch
ticketless passengers," a DTC official said.
DTC currently has a fleet of 6,500 CNG-run buses including
4,000 low-floor ones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!