EDMC refuses to implement LG`s order on parking fee hike
New Delhi: East Delhi Municipal Corporation on Thursday refused to implement recommendation of Lt Governor Tejendra Khanna to effect a hefty hike in parking fee to curb the increasing number of private vehicles.
"We reject any rise in parking fee. We will not implement it," EDMC Standing Committee Chairman Mehak Singh said.
Khanna had on March 2 approved the long-pending proposal to hike the rates sharply following which Delhi government`s Transport Department asked all the civic bodies to implement the decision.
According to the government order, a motorist will have to pay Rs 10 for first 30 minutes while Rs 20 will be charged per vehicle for the first hour. The rate has been fixed at Rs 50 for three hours.
During peak hours, the charges would be additional 50 per cent of the above charges.
EDMC became the first municipal body in the city to launch a helpline service for the citizens where they can call to complain about any problem being faced in their locality. The calls on number 155303 will be routed to a central call center where they will be registered and forwarded to the officials concerned.
"Through this service, not only will public complaints be registered but citizens will also be able to know about the services rendered by the different departments or for their particular work. Their complaints would be forwarded to the concerned department or officer for necessary action," said Mayor Annapurna Mishra.
While the service will be available 24 hours in the near future, for now the timings will be from 6 am to 10 pm.
In another decision announced today, all shops bigger than 250 sq ft in EDMC will have to install CCTV cameras in their premises from the new financial year.
"This was the directive received from the Home Secretary after a task force for security of women was set up after the December 16 gang-rape incident in Delhi. The shops will have to install the cameras and keep its recording of 30 days to be used in case any need arises, especially in cases related to women`s safety," said Commissioner S S Yadav.
To ensure compliance, the provision will be included in the license conditions for the shops. "Since all licenses come up for renewal in March-end, they will have to comply with the order to get their permit renewed," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA