Engineer killed near Yamuna Expressway underpass i
Greater Noida: An engineer was killed and two others injured in Jewar area on Monday when a speeding bus hit their motorcycle near Sabota underpass of Yamuna expressway, police said here.
Rohit Sharma, a resident of Bulandshahar, died while his nephew Himanshu and a friend Shitij sustained injuries when they were hit by the bus on their way to Jewar, police said.
Himanshu, a class X student and Shitij were admitted to a private hospital, they said adding that their condition was stable by late evening.
Police has seized the bus involved in the accident but the bus driver was absconding.
A case has been registered against the driver for causing death by negligent driving, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Stephen Constantine names probable squad for Puerto Rico match
- RBI lets banks issue masala bonds, to accept corporate bonds in LAF
- Angry Mehbooba ends press meet with Rajnath abruptly
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders