Engineer killed near Yamuna Expressway underpass i
Greater Noida: An engineer was killed and two others injured in Jewar area on Monday when a speeding bus hit their motorcycle near Sabota underpass of Yamuna expressway, police said here.
Rohit Sharma, a resident of Bulandshahar, died while his nephew Himanshu and a friend Shitij sustained injuries when they were hit by the bus on their way to Jewar, police said.
Himanshu, a class X student and Shitij were admitted to a private hospital, they said adding that their condition was stable by late evening.
Police has seized the bus involved in the accident but the bus driver was absconding.
A case has been registered against the driver for causing death by negligent driving, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar