Engineer killed near Yamuna Expressway underpass i
Greater Noida: An engineer was killed and two others injured in Jewar area on Monday when a speeding bus hit their motorcycle near Sabota underpass of Yamuna expressway, police said here.
Rohit Sharma, a resident of Bulandshahar, died while his nephew Himanshu and a friend Shitij sustained injuries when they were hit by the bus on their way to Jewar, police said.
Himanshu, a class X student and Shitij were admitted to a private hospital, they said adding that their condition was stable by late evening.
Police has seized the bus involved in the accident but the bus driver was absconding.
A case has been registered against the driver for causing death by negligent driving, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened