Engineer killed near Yamuna Expressway underpass i
Greater Noida: An engineer was killed and two others injured in Jewar area on Monday when a speeding bus hit their motorcycle near Sabota underpass of Yamuna expressway, police said here.
Rohit Sharma, a resident of Bulandshahar, died while his nephew Himanshu and a friend Shitij sustained injuries when they were hit by the bus on their way to Jewar, police said.
Himanshu, a class X student and Shitij were admitted to a private hospital, they said adding that their condition was stable by late evening.
Police has seized the bus involved in the accident but the bus driver was absconding.
A case has been registered against the driver for causing death by negligent driving, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon