Expelled AAP MP Vinod Kumar Binny calls off hunger strike, gives Arvind Kejriwal 10 days to act
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Barely hours after sitting on a hunger strike at the Jantar Mantar, expelled Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) MLA Vinod Kumar Binny called off the protest on Monday giving `more time` to Kejriwal government in Delhi to fulfill its promises.
A deadline of 10 days was given by the rebel AAP MLA to the Kejriwal government reportedly on the suggestion of anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare.
Binny told PTI that Anna Hazare and Lt Guv Najeeb Jung suggested that "some days should be given to the AAP-led government so that he (Kejriwal) could work on public-related issues".
Ahead of beginning his hunger strike, Binney met Lt Governor Najeeb Jung this morning and apprised him of the ongoing situation and talked about the alleged misbehaviour of Law Minister Somnath Bharti with Ugandan women during the midnight raid that took place in Khirki Extension in South Delhi recently.
“Lt Governor has assured that due action will be taken against those who have violated the law, irrespective of their positions,” he told reporters.
Speaking to reporters after meeting Jung, Binny said, "I think the AAP wants the government to fall, as they are scared that they would not be able to fulfill the promises they have made to people, and they are trying to run away from their responsibilities.”
He also alleged that AAP has already finalised the names of its candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
Binny further said that he was the first one to join the party when AAP had no support and is the first one to protest when the party is deviating from its principals.
"They made false promises about free water and electricity to people, and the decisions and rules they have made on water and electricity have made the people confused and have mislead them," he told reporters.
"They had also said that the Jan Lokpal Bill would come into effect fifteen days from the time they come to power, but nothing is being done about it," he said.
"They had also promised to form a commando force for the safety of women, but there have been so many cases of crime against women in the past few days," he added.
He further said that the AAP had made allegations of corruption against former Delhi chief minister but did not do anything on that aspect as well.
"They had accused many leaders of corruption, especially Sheila Dikshit, and had said that would investigate the matter, but even that never happened," said Binny.
"Also they have made fun of the Delhi Commission for Women and have disrespected the organization. I will make sure they are not able to run away from their responsibilities and the promises they had made to the people," he said.
Another rebel AAP leader Tina Sharma also expressed her full support to Binny, saying, “There is no democracy in the party. They have different yardsticks for different people. They have cheated the people of Delhi and we want the people to realise it.”
The rebel AAP leader had been criticising his party and the Delhi government for failing to fulfill the promises made in the election manifesto on various issues, including regular water supply and cheap electricity.
Binny also claimed to have gained support of 3-4 AAP MLAs, who are backing his agitation against the Delhi government.
However, the AAP leadership has been claiming that Binny has rebelled from the party after he was denied a ministerial berth in the Delhi Cabinet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly