Fake job racket in MCD schools busted, 7 arrested
New Delhi: After ghost employees, it is now the turn of fake teachers in Municipal Corporation of Delhi.
Delhi Police on Tuesday claimed to have smashed a racket led by a 28-year-old teacher who allegedly helped youths get teachers` job on contract using fake appointment letters after arresting seven persons.
Of the seven arrested, six are teachers in various MCD schools who got the job on contract basis.
The alleged kingpin Ashok (28) himself is a teacher in an MCD school in Wazirabad, Romil Baaniya, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (North-West), said.
Earlier, MCD was in news for wrong reasons after it came to light that many sanitation workers who were not actual employees drew salary without doing any work.
The arrests in the fresh case came following a probe into a complaint filed by Kanwar Singh, Deputy Director (Education) of Civil Lines Zone, that the appointment letters of three MCD teachers who were employed on contract basis could be forged.
Following investigations, Sachin (21) and Sanjeev (22) posted at the MCD School in Jahangirpuri D Block and Suresh (25) posted at Jahangirpuri K block school were arrested.
Their interrogation led to the arrests of Ashok, Aftab, Sunil Kumar and Santosh.
"Efforts are being made to identify if any other such case has been reported in other schools and to arrest the remaining accused of the racket," Baaniya said.
Sachin, Suresh and Sanjeev had told police that they did not fulfil the eligibility requirement for the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...