Fake job racket in MCD schools busted, 7 arrested
New Delhi: After ghost employees, it is now the turn of fake teachers in Municipal Corporation of Delhi.
Delhi Police on Tuesday claimed to have smashed a racket led by a 28-year-old teacher who allegedly helped youths get teachers` job on contract using fake appointment letters after arresting seven persons.
Of the seven arrested, six are teachers in various MCD schools who got the job on contract basis.
The alleged kingpin Ashok (28) himself is a teacher in an MCD school in Wazirabad, Romil Baaniya, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (North-West), said.
Earlier, MCD was in news for wrong reasons after it came to light that many sanitation workers who were not actual employees drew salary without doing any work.
The arrests in the fresh case came following a probe into a complaint filed by Kanwar Singh, Deputy Director (Education) of Civil Lines Zone, that the appointment letters of three MCD teachers who were employed on contract basis could be forged.
Following investigations, Sachin (21) and Sanjeev (22) posted at the MCD School in Jahangirpuri D Block and Suresh (25) posted at Jahangirpuri K block school were arrested.
Their interrogation led to the arrests of Ashok, Aftab, Sunil Kumar and Santosh.
"Efforts are being made to identify if any other such case has been reported in other schools and to arrest the remaining accused of the racket," Baaniya said.
Sachin, Suresh and Sanjeev had told police that they did not fulfil the eligibility requirement for the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow