Falak improving but still critical
New Delhi: Battered baby Falak may soon be shifted out of the Intensive Care Unit, where she has spent 42 days now, if the two-year-old continues to show improvement for the next couple of days, doctors at AIIMS said here on Tuesday.
"In another two to three days we might shift her to the ward. All will depend on her breathing condition. If she is able to breathe on her own and without ventilatory support for the next two to three days then she can be out of the ICU.
Next two to three days are worth noting," Dr Deepak Agarwal, who has been attending on her, said.
Admitted in the Intensive Care Unit for the past 42 days, baby Falak has finally started showing limb movement and partially opening her eyes on her own which she earlier did when applied painful stimuli.
"She is critical because she is still dependent on artificial respiration. However, since yesterday, we have put her on and off the ventilator many times," he said.
Falak was brought to the hospital on January 18 with severe head injuries, broken arms, bite marks all over her body and cheeks branded with hot iron.
She has undergone five life saving surgeries. Dr Agarwal said, "With the nature of injury suffered in her brain, she might end up being mentally challenged or in a vegetative state for the reat of her life."
Moved by the plight of Falak, Indians as well people from the US and Canada has approached doctors, expressing their desire to adopt her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan
- Landslides close Jammu-Srinagar highway; Amarnath Yatra suspended
- Italian leaders vow to prevent terrorist attacks
- UN chief voices concern over Turkey situation
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic