Fire at under construction CWG stadium, no injuries reported
New Delhi: A fire broke out at an under
construction stadium for Commonwealth Games in Delhi
University campus this evening, which was put out within two
hours, fire brigade officials said on Thursday.
After the fire was reported at the under construction
Rugby stadium around 7 pm, six fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
No one was injured in the incident. "The fire was put
out at around 9.15 pm," the officials said adding, "cause of
the fire was yet to be ascertained."
According to the officials, PVC sheets which
were installed at a height at the construction site had caught
fire, the officials said.
The extent of the damage was not immediately known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan