Fire at under construction CWG stadium, no injuries reported
New Delhi: A fire broke out at an under
construction stadium for Commonwealth Games in Delhi
University campus this evening, which was put out within two
hours, fire brigade officials said on Thursday.
After the fire was reported at the under construction
Rugby stadium around 7 pm, six fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
No one was injured in the incident. "The fire was put
out at around 9.15 pm," the officials said adding, "cause of
the fire was yet to be ascertained."
According to the officials, PVC sheets which
were installed at a height at the construction site had caught
fire, the officials said.
The extent of the damage was not immediately known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez