Fire at under construction CWG stadium, no injuries reported
New Delhi: A fire broke out at an under
construction stadium for Commonwealth Games in Delhi
University campus this evening, which was put out within two
hours, fire brigade officials said on Thursday.
After the fire was reported at the under construction
Rugby stadium around 7 pm, six fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
No one was injured in the incident. "The fire was put
out at around 9.15 pm," the officials said adding, "cause of
the fire was yet to be ascertained."
According to the officials, PVC sheets which
were installed at a height at the construction site had caught
fire, the officials said.
The extent of the damage was not immediately known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof