First phase of redevelopment work of Jama Masjid begins
New Delhi: The Municipal Corporation of
Delhi has begun the first phase of the redevelopment work of
Jama Masjid, which includes the cleaning up of the area it is
The preliminary work has begun, MCD officials said.
The MCD has last month cleared Rs 1200 crore plan for
redevelopment of the Mughal era mosque.
MCD has also started work on the supplementary plan of
decongesting the areas neighbouring the ancient structure.
The Corporation is removing all encroachments in the
area to implement its decongestion plan, officials said.
The proposal to redevelop the Jama Masjid precinct was
cleared by the MCD Standing Committee in September 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves