First phase of redevelopment work of Jama Masjid begins
New Delhi: The Municipal Corporation of
Delhi has begun the first phase of the redevelopment work of
Jama Masjid, which includes the cleaning up of the area it is
The preliminary work has begun, MCD officials said.
The MCD has last month cleared Rs 1200 crore plan for
redevelopment of the Mughal era mosque.
MCD has also started work on the supplementary plan of
decongesting the areas neighbouring the ancient structure.
The Corporation is removing all encroachments in the
area to implement its decongestion plan, officials said.
The proposal to redevelop the Jama Masjid precinct was
cleared by the MCD Standing Committee in September 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH