Gopal Kanda`s aide Aruna Chaddha moves HC for bail
New Delhi: Former Haryana Minister Gopal Kanda`s employee Aruna Chaddha, arrested for allegedly abetting the suicide of air hostess Geetika Sharma, on Thursday moved the Delhi High Court for bail.
Chaddha`s plea is likely to come up for hearing before Justice Pratibha Rani on Friday.
Forty-year-old Chaddha, who is accused along with Kanda of abetting Geetika`s suicide, moved the high court against the sessions court October 16 order, which had denied her bail earlier.
Chaddha had sought bail on the ground that the police has already filed its charge sheet in the case and the probe against her is complete. She had also sought bail saying that she is a single parent and has a minor daughter and aged parents to look after.
23-year-old Geetika was found dead at her Ashok Vihar residence in North West Delhi on August 5. In her suicide note (written on August 4), she had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chaddha, a charge denied by them.
Kanda was arrested on August 18 after he had surrendered before the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress