Gopal Kanda`s aide Aruna Chaddha moves HC for bail
New Delhi: Former Haryana Minister Gopal Kanda`s employee Aruna Chaddha, arrested for allegedly abetting the suicide of air hostess Geetika Sharma, on Thursday moved the Delhi High Court for bail.
Chaddha`s plea is likely to come up for hearing before Justice Pratibha Rani on Friday.
Forty-year-old Chaddha, who is accused along with Kanda of abetting Geetika`s suicide, moved the high court against the sessions court October 16 order, which had denied her bail earlier.
Chaddha had sought bail on the ground that the police has already filed its charge sheet in the case and the probe against her is complete. She had also sought bail saying that she is a single parent and has a minor daughter and aged parents to look after.
23-year-old Geetika was found dead at her Ashok Vihar residence in North West Delhi on August 5. In her suicide note (written on August 4), she had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chaddha, a charge denied by them.
Kanda was arrested on August 18 after he had surrendered before the police.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis