Gopal Kanda`s aide Aruna Chaddha moves HC for bail
New Delhi: Former Haryana Minister Gopal Kanda`s employee Aruna Chaddha, arrested for allegedly abetting the suicide of air hostess Geetika Sharma, on Thursday moved the Delhi High Court for bail.
Chaddha`s plea is likely to come up for hearing before Justice Pratibha Rani on Friday.
Forty-year-old Chaddha, who is accused along with Kanda of abetting Geetika`s suicide, moved the high court against the sessions court October 16 order, which had denied her bail earlier.
Chaddha had sought bail on the ground that the police has already filed its charge sheet in the case and the probe against her is complete. She had also sought bail saying that she is a single parent and has a minor daughter and aged parents to look after.
23-year-old Geetika was found dead at her Ashok Vihar residence in North West Delhi on August 5. In her suicide note (written on August 4), she had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chaddha, a charge denied by them.
Kanda was arrested on August 18 after he had surrendered before the police.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape