Govt trying to manipulate CBI reports on coal block: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday attacked the government over repeated surfacing of scams and charged it with trying to manipulate CBI reports on coal block allocation and giving it a clean chit in 2G Spectrum scam through the JPC Chairman.
At a meeting of the party`s election management teams here, BJP vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi also accused Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of not acting against the corrupt.
Naqvi said the country is fast moving towards elections and the people would "pay back the sins of this government with interest".
He maintained that the Budget session of Parliament would be the "farewell session" of UPA government which has been mired in corruption spanning from skies (spectrum) to netherworld (coal) and has become a "national liability", saying the BJP-led NDA can provide a viable alternative.
He said it was clear from the way in which constitutional bodies were being misused to protect the Prime Minister, the Congress and the government by "trying to brush its sins under the carpet by hook or crook".
"The UPA government has become a hub of corruption, scams and loot of public exchequer and has now crossed all limits by trying to manipulate CBI reports on coal block allocation and giving itself a clean chit in 2G spectrum scam through the JPC chairman," Naqvi said.
The BJP leader said the UPA has lost confidence of both people and Parliament and was trying to wash off its sins of corruption and trying to save the government through manipulation. "Even as they try to cover up one scam, another scandal surfaces immediately," he said.
Naqvi said "inefficiency and unpopularity" of the government can be gauged from the fact that "no neighbouring country wants to be seen supporting India".
"Every country is trying to prohibit India and government is helplessly watching it. The collapsing economy, challenges of internal security, high inflation and unemployment are due to the Congress misrule," he said, adding its total concentration was on protecting the corrupt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill