Govt trying to manipulate CBI reports on coal block: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday attacked the government over repeated surfacing of scams and charged it with trying to manipulate CBI reports on coal block allocation and giving it a clean chit in 2G Spectrum scam through the JPC Chairman.
At a meeting of the party`s election management teams here, BJP vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi also accused Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of not acting against the corrupt.
Naqvi said the country is fast moving towards elections and the people would "pay back the sins of this government with interest".
He maintained that the Budget session of Parliament would be the "farewell session" of UPA government which has been mired in corruption spanning from skies (spectrum) to netherworld (coal) and has become a "national liability", saying the BJP-led NDA can provide a viable alternative.
He said it was clear from the way in which constitutional bodies were being misused to protect the Prime Minister, the Congress and the government by "trying to brush its sins under the carpet by hook or crook".
"The UPA government has become a hub of corruption, scams and loot of public exchequer and has now crossed all limits by trying to manipulate CBI reports on coal block allocation and giving itself a clean chit in 2G spectrum scam through the JPC chairman," Naqvi said.
The BJP leader said the UPA has lost confidence of both people and Parliament and was trying to wash off its sins of corruption and trying to save the government through manipulation. "Even as they try to cover up one scam, another scandal surfaces immediately," he said.
Naqvi said "inefficiency and unpopularity" of the government can be gauged from the fact that "no neighbouring country wants to be seen supporting India".
"Every country is trying to prohibit India and government is helplessly watching it. The collapsing economy, challenges of internal security, high inflation and unemployment are due to the Congress misrule," he said, adding its total concentration was on protecting the corrupt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- HRD Ministry directs UGC to amend regulations regarding workload of teachers
- PM Modi-led govt completes two years; Facebook tracks his journey on social media
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two +2 Class 12th Exams Results 2016 is likely to be declared today on May 27 - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Modi govt will be known for fulfilling promises: LK Advani
- Sleep apnea gets worse in post-menopausal women