Gurgaon cop shot by three men on bike he pulled over
Gurgaon: A Haryana Police officer was shot at by three unidentified assailants on the busy Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway Monday evening, said a police official. His condition is critical.
Three youths on a motorcycle fired at Narender Singh, an assistant sub-inspector, when police asked them to stop during a vehicle checking drive. The assailants fled after shooting at Singh, police said.
The attack occurred at the Signature Tower on the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway.
"The official was targeted and several rounds were fired. He received three bullets," said a senior police officer.
Singh has been admitted to Medicity Medanta Hospital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory