Hang the rapists: Family of woman`s friend
New Delhi: The family of the male friend of the woman who died on Saturday after being gang-raped demanded that the six rapists should be hanged "as soon as possible".
"Our hearts are with the family of the girl, and we are very sad," a family member of the woman`s friend said, declining to be identified.
The 23-year-old woman was gang-raped on board a moving bus on December 16. Five men and a suspected juvenile also tortured her and beat her friend too when they resisted. Both were then stripped and dumped by the roadside.
"Now that the girl has died, the six men should be tried for murder," the family member said. "They should be hanged as soon as possible."
The family member said they would attend the last rites of the woman after her body was brought to India from Singapore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter