Hang the rapists: Family of woman`s friend
New Delhi: The family of the male friend of the woman who died on Saturday after being gang-raped demanded that the six rapists should be hanged "as soon as possible".
"Our hearts are with the family of the girl, and we are very sad," a family member of the woman`s friend said, declining to be identified.
The 23-year-old woman was gang-raped on board a moving bus on December 16. Five men and a suspected juvenile also tortured her and beat her friend too when they resisted. Both were then stripped and dumped by the roadside.
"Now that the girl has died, the six men should be tried for murder," the family member said. "They should be hanged as soon as possible."
The family member said they would attend the last rites of the woman after her body was brought to India from Singapore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!