Hang the rapists: Family of woman`s friend
New Delhi: The family of the male friend of the woman who died on Saturday after being gang-raped demanded that the six rapists should be hanged "as soon as possible".
"Our hearts are with the family of the girl, and we are very sad," a family member of the woman`s friend said, declining to be identified.
The 23-year-old woman was gang-raped on board a moving bus on December 16. Five men and a suspected juvenile also tortured her and beat her friend too when they resisted. Both were then stripped and dumped by the roadside.
"Now that the girl has died, the six men should be tried for murder," the family member said. "They should be hanged as soon as possible."
The family member said they would attend the last rites of the woman after her body was brought to India from Singapore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi