Heavy rains lash Delhi; traffic jam, waterlogging in many areas
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Heavy rains lashed many parts of Delhi on Tuesday evening. Though the rains brought relief to the Delhiites from the heat and humidity, it caused traffic jam at many places.
Adding to the woes of the people was the waterlogging at several places. The traffic at places like Kashmere Gate, Munirka, Dwarka and Dhaula Kuan. was moving at snails pace.
Indira Gandhi International Airport also bore the brunt of the heavy downpour which led to diversion of four flights, including an Air India flight from Mumbai in which Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde was coming to Delhi.
The rians also brought down the temperature in the national capital below normal.
The metropolis received around 3.3 mm rains which brought the minimum temperature two notches below the season`s average at 25.2 degrees Celsius.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself