Heavy rains lash Delhi; traffic jam, waterlogging in many areas
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Heavy rains lashed many parts of Delhi on Tuesday evening. Though the rains brought relief to the Delhiites from the heat and humidity, it caused traffic jam at many places.
Adding to the woes of the people was the waterlogging at several places. The traffic at places like Kashmere Gate, Munirka, Dwarka and Dhaula Kuan. was moving at snails pace.
Indira Gandhi International Airport also bore the brunt of the heavy downpour which led to diversion of four flights, including an Air India flight from Mumbai in which Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde was coming to Delhi.
The rians also brought down the temperature in the national capital below normal.
The metropolis received around 3.3 mm rains which brought the minimum temperature two notches below the season`s average at 25.2 degrees Celsius.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi