Heavy rains lash Delhi; traffic jam, waterlogging in many areas
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Heavy rains lashed many parts of Delhi on Tuesday evening. Though the rains brought relief to the Delhiites from the heat and humidity, it caused traffic jam at many places.
Adding to the woes of the people was the waterlogging at several places. The traffic at places like Kashmere Gate, Munirka, Dwarka and Dhaula Kuan. was moving at snails pace.
Indira Gandhi International Airport also bore the brunt of the heavy downpour which led to diversion of four flights, including an Air India flight from Mumbai in which Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde was coming to Delhi.
The rians also brought down the temperature in the national capital below normal.
The metropolis received around 3.3 mm rains which brought the minimum temperature two notches below the season`s average at 25.2 degrees Celsius.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Attacks racist but have belief in Indian govt: African envoy
- Woman delivers in Delhi Police PCR van, both mother and child safe
- IPL 2016 Final: SunRisers Hyderabad defeat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 8 runs to win maiden title
- Coal auction to get Rs 3.45 lakh crore; Rs 36k crore saving via DBT: Government
- Hardik Patel calls for stir against donations to schools, colleges in Gujarat