Heavy rains lash Delhi; traffic jam, waterlogging in many areas
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Heavy rains lashed many parts of Delhi on Tuesday evening. Though the rains brought relief to the Delhiites from the heat and humidity, it caused traffic jam at many places.
Adding to the woes of the people was the waterlogging at several places. The traffic at places like Kashmere Gate, Munirka, Dwarka and Dhaula Kuan. was moving at snails pace.
Indira Gandhi International Airport also bore the brunt of the heavy downpour which led to diversion of four flights, including an Air India flight from Mumbai in which Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde was coming to Delhi.
The rians also brought down the temperature in the national capital below normal.
The metropolis received around 3.3 mm rains which brought the minimum temperature two notches below the season`s average at 25.2 degrees Celsius.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez