Human rights violations rise
New Delhi: Human rights violations have increased in the country by over 13,000 in the last three years, with most cases reported from Uttar Pradesh, Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh told the Lok Sabha Tuesday.
Across India, 94,630 such violations were reported in 2011-12 while the number was 81,594 in 2009-10, said the minister.
Uttar Pradesh saw 52,213 human rights violation cases in 2011-12. It had reported 51,270 cases in 2009-10 and 49,840 in 2010-11, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider