If needed, will send gang-rape victim abroad for treatment: Delhi CM
New Delhi: Even as the gang-rape victim battles for life in a city hospital, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said on Thursday that her government would send her abroad for treatment if the need arose.
Meanwhile, doctors at the Safdarjang Hospital said today said that the victim of the brutal Delhi gang-rape case remains critical but is in a stable condition.
“She is alert and conscious. Is in a stable condition,” doctors told a press conference.
While stating the girl continues to remain in ICU, they added that her vital parameters are within acceptable limits.
Infection remains an impending danger in this case, they added.
The horrific incident has shaken the conscious of the whole nation. Massive protests were held throughout the country with people calling for death penalty for the perpetrators of the heinous crime.
The paramedical student was raped in a moving bus on Sunday night in the national capital.
The resonance of the incident vibrated in the Parliament too with the MP’s cutting across party lines calling for measures for safety of women. Subsequently, the Union Home Minister came out with a slew of measures to ensure that the incidents like the Delhi gang-rape are not repeated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali