If needed, will send gang-rape victim abroad for treatment: Delhi CM
New Delhi: Even as the gang-rape victim battles for life in a city hospital, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said on Thursday that her government would send her abroad for treatment if the need arose.
Meanwhile, doctors at the Safdarjang Hospital said today said that the victim of the brutal Delhi gang-rape case remains critical but is in a stable condition.
“She is alert and conscious. Is in a stable condition,” doctors told a press conference.
While stating the girl continues to remain in ICU, they added that her vital parameters are within acceptable limits.
Infection remains an impending danger in this case, they added.
The horrific incident has shaken the conscious of the whole nation. Massive protests were held throughout the country with people calling for death penalty for the perpetrators of the heinous crime.
The paramedical student was raped in a moving bus on Sunday night in the national capital.
The resonance of the incident vibrated in the Parliament too with the MP’s cutting across party lines calling for measures for safety of women. Subsequently, the Union Home Minister came out with a slew of measures to ensure that the incidents like the Delhi gang-rape are not repeated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH