If we can eradicate polio, we can make Delhi graft-free too: Harsh Vardhan
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata party (BJP) Chief Ministerial candidate Harsh Vardhan responding to Aam Aadmi Party ( AAP) leader Prashant Bhushan`s statement on government formation in Delhi on Tuesday said that removing corruption from the national capital was in their party`s agenda too.
"Removing corruption from Delhi is already in our party`s agenda. Be it the Lokpal bill, be it about making the institution of Lokayukta stronger, be it having the highest form of e-governance and e-procurement and or highest level of transparency, it is all there in our manifesto and we have discussed each of these things in details," said Vardhan.
"If we can eradicate polio from the nation, we can remove corruption from the national capital too," he added.
Harsh Vardhan said his party`s main aim was to make the government transparent and corruption free.
"It is not in our agenda just because another party is saying it. We had added these points way back," he said.
Earlier today, Bhushan had said if the BJP agreed to pass the Jan Lokpal Bill by December 29 as promised by the Aam Aadmi Party and was willing to give this in writing, they might consider supporting the party.
He had later clarified, saying that it was his personal view and not that of his party.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference