IIT-JEE: IIT Delhi Alumni Association meets HRD Minister
New Delhi: The IIT-Delhi alumni association, which is opposing the new format of the IIT-JEE entrance test, on Friday met HRD minister MM Pallam Raju and said he has promised to look into the issue "afresh".
"The honourable minister after hearing the delegation promised to visit afresh the issues concerning IIT including the controversial changes inducted in the JEE by his predecessor," said the alumni association in a statement.
The association claimed that the minister showed inclination to take actions which are in the interest of all the stakeholders of the IIT system.
It said they will be meeting Raju once again in the coming week to discuss the issue.
Aspirants to the IITs and other technical institutes like NITs would be appearing the IIT-JEE next year under a new two-tier format which also gives weightage to the class XII marks.
Despite initial objections, most of the IITs have given their nod to the format.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?