IIT-JEE: IIT Delhi Alumni Association meets HRD Minister
New Delhi: The IIT-Delhi alumni association, which is opposing the new format of the IIT-JEE entrance test, on Friday met HRD minister MM Pallam Raju and said he has promised to look into the issue "afresh".
"The honourable minister after hearing the delegation promised to visit afresh the issues concerning IIT including the controversial changes inducted in the JEE by his predecessor," said the alumni association in a statement.
The association claimed that the minister showed inclination to take actions which are in the interest of all the stakeholders of the IIT system.
It said they will be meeting Raju once again in the coming week to discuss the issue.
Aspirants to the IITs and other technical institutes like NITs would be appearing the IIT-JEE next year under a new two-tier format which also gives weightage to the class XII marks.
Despite initial objections, most of the IITs have given their nod to the format.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!