IIT-JEE: IIT Delhi Alumni Association meets HRD Minister
New Delhi: The IIT-Delhi alumni association, which is opposing the new format of the IIT-JEE entrance test, on Friday met HRD minister MM Pallam Raju and said he has promised to look into the issue "afresh".
"The honourable minister after hearing the delegation promised to visit afresh the issues concerning IIT including the controversial changes inducted in the JEE by his predecessor," said the alumni association in a statement.
The association claimed that the minister showed inclination to take actions which are in the interest of all the stakeholders of the IIT system.
It said they will be meeting Raju once again in the coming week to discuss the issue.
Aspirants to the IITs and other technical institutes like NITs would be appearing the IIT-JEE next year under a new two-tier format which also gives weightage to the class XII marks.
Despite initial objections, most of the IITs have given their nod to the format.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi