Immolation bid by woman ex-employee of college in Delhi
New Delhi: A woman formerly employed in a Delhi University college set herself on fire here Monday over alleged sexually harassment by the institution`s principal, police said. The victim is in hospital with critical burns.
Pavitra Bhardwaj, 40, poured kerosene on herself and set herself on fire outside Delhi Secretariat in central Delhi around 2 p.m., police said.
According to police, the victim, a former lab attendant at Bhim Rao Ambedkar College in east Delhi, was taken to hospital with 90 percent burns.
She was sacked from the college two years ago, police said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her