IndiGo flight catches fire at Delhi IGI airport, all 147 passengers safe
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: An IndiGo flight from Mumbai to Delhi with 147 passengers on board caught fire while landing at the Indira Gandhi International airport Terminal 1-D here on Wednesday.
The passengers had a narrow escape, however, there were reports that several passengers sustained injuries while they were being evacuated through the emergency exits of the plane.
However, the nature of injuries and the number of passengers injured were not clear. Those injured were rushed to the nearby hospital.
Meanwhile, Indigo in its statement said that there was no fire on board but only smoke. The ATC tower at the airport informed the flight captain about the dense smoke and acting upon the information the captain ordered evacuation of the passengers and crew, the statement by the carrier read.
It also added that there are no further investigation as it was not an emergency landing or priority landing.
The airlines also confirmed that all passengers and crew members are safe and have been taken to the terminal building
Also, some micro-blogging site Twitter users posted the pictures of the emergency evacuation carried out at the IGI airport after the IndiGo flight landed this evening.
— Tarun Shukla (@shukla_tarun) August 20, 2014
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling