Jailed Ajay Chautala addresses rally via cellphone
New Delhi: It seems politicians in India think they are the most privileged and no rules apply on them. This was evident with reports suggesting that former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala`s son Ajay Chautala addressed a rally from Tihar Jail using his cell phone.
Reports said that Ajay Chautala addressed his party supporters gathered in Sonepat district through his mobile phone. It is being reported that his son had done all the technical arrangements.
Ajay along with his father Om Prakash Chautala are lodged in Tihar Jail. The father-son duo were convicted in the case of illegal recruitments of teachers in Haryana and sentenced to 10 years in jail last month.
Eight others accused were also sent to 10 years in jail while one convict was sentenced to five years and 45 others to four years in jail.
Meanwhile, Tihar administration has started an enquiry into the incident and most likely the report will be submitted by the jail superintendent on Tuesday.
Chautala and the other accused were found guilty of illegally recruiting 3,206 junior basic trained (JBT) teachers in Haryana in 2000.
The Indian National Lok Dal chief Om Prakash Chautala on Thursday had moved the Delhi High Court for suspension of sentence.
The 78-year-old Chautala, in his appeal, said the trial court`s order is liable to be set aside as it was against the tenets of law as well as contrary to the evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail