Kejriwal comes out in defence of youth booked for cop`s death
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party Tuesday alleged that Delhi Police had wrongly implicated eight people in the death of a constable following Sunday violence at India Gate and claimed there was no evidence of their involvement.
"Police has no evidence about these people, whom they have arrested from different places and were protesting peacefully for justice to the gang rape victim," AAP Convenor Kejriwal said.
Police are telling lies and trying to mislead the media and the
common man by saying that AAP worker Manish Sisodia had given the bail amount which is wrong, he alleged, adding police were "trying to implicate these eight innocent youth to suppress this movement using their power".
Terming the death of the constable as "unfortunate", Kejriwal said "whosoever is responsible for his death should be punished. Even if an AAP member is involved, punish him but we will not allow innocent people to be implicated."
He said police were trying to portray that the movement became violent due to the involvement of Swami Ramdev, Gen (retd) V K Singh and members of AAP.
It is an attempt by the police to justify their action of resorting to lathicharge, tear gas shelling and water cannon use on the peaceful protesters.
"There were some rogue element in the demonstration who were pelting stones, empty bottle on police. They can identify them but they have failed to apprehend them who were actually involved in stone-pelting at India Gate," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video