Land encroachment by ex-MLA: FIR lodged on court`s direction
New Delhi: A Delhi court has ordered lodging of a criminal case against a former MLA for allegedly encroaching land and evading tax.
Special CBI judge Narottam Kaushal said a cognisable offence is made out from the complaint filed by an RTI activist, and directed that an officer not below the rank of Assistant Commissioner of Delhi Police shall examine the allegations of land encroachment and other illegalities against Kanwar Karan Singh, a former MLA from Model Town.
When a cognisable offence is made out from allegations set out in the complaint, "I am of the considered opinion that Officer In-charge, PS-ACB (police station, Anti Corruption Branch) has no reason not to register the FIR and investigate the same", the judge said.
"It is accordingly directed that an FIR be registered on the complaint dated April 23, 2013 submitted to the SHO, PS-ACB by the present complainant and the matter be investigated, against known/unknown persons. It is also directed that the matter be got investigated by officer not below the rank of ACP," he said.
The court order came on a complaint filed by RTI activist Vivek Garg, who had alleged that the then MLA was running a petrol pump in North West Delhi on an encroached piece of government land worth Rs 50 crore and evaded water and house taxes worth crores of rupees, the money due to the Municipal Corporation of Delhi and Delhi Development Authority (DDA).
According to sources, the ACB has lodged the FIR in the matter on the court`s direction. However, they refused to disclose the name of the persons who have been made accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp