Law student arrested in cheating case
New Delhi: A 27-year-old law student was arrested here for allegedly cloning and misusing credit and debit cards, police said on Friday.
Acting on a tip-off, police arrested Vipin Tomar alias Pintu, a resident of Arifpur Kheri village in Uttar Pradesh, yesterday from near Rohini-West metro station, they said.
A static card reader, mobile card reader (used for stealing data from original cards), five printed credit and debit cards, four plain cards, two small CDs with software were seized from him, police said.
"Tomar is a graduate from Chaudhary Charan Singh University in Meerut and pursuing LLB from the same," Additional CP (Crime) Ravindra Yadav said.
During interrogation, Tomar told police that that he gained expertise in cloning debit and credit card after coming in contact with one Anand Mishra in 2009.
"He learnt the techniques of cloning cards and started his own gang. He along with his associates Rajesh and Kamal purchased card reader machines and started using them," Yadav said, adding that police have recovered two of the machines.
Tomar was earlier arrested in 2010 by Anand Vihar police station in a similar case.
In 2011, his associates Rajesh and Kamal were arrested by Adarsh Nagar police in a case of cheating, while Tomar managed to fled with the machines.
After remaining underground for about two years, he came to Delhi to start his activities and was in search of his old associates or a fresher with a similar bent of mind, Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31