Law student arrested in cheating case
New Delhi: A 27-year-old law student was arrested here for allegedly cloning and misusing credit and debit cards, police said on Friday.
Acting on a tip-off, police arrested Vipin Tomar alias Pintu, a resident of Arifpur Kheri village in Uttar Pradesh, yesterday from near Rohini-West metro station, they said.
A static card reader, mobile card reader (used for stealing data from original cards), five printed credit and debit cards, four plain cards, two small CDs with software were seized from him, police said.
"Tomar is a graduate from Chaudhary Charan Singh University in Meerut and pursuing LLB from the same," Additional CP (Crime) Ravindra Yadav said.
During interrogation, Tomar told police that that he gained expertise in cloning debit and credit card after coming in contact with one Anand Mishra in 2009.
"He learnt the techniques of cloning cards and started his own gang. He along with his associates Rajesh and Kamal purchased card reader machines and started using them," Yadav said, adding that police have recovered two of the machines.
Tomar was earlier arrested in 2010 by Anand Vihar police station in a similar case.
In 2011, his associates Rajesh and Kamal were arrested by Adarsh Nagar police in a case of cheating, while Tomar managed to fled with the machines.
After remaining underground for about two years, he came to Delhi to start his activities and was in search of his old associates or a fresher with a similar bent of mind, Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!