Lawyers, policemen injured in clash
New Delhi: Two lawyers and eight policemen were injured in a clash on Thursday.
Advocate Sujit Kumar Singh, who works at Karkardooma district court, had gone to the Anand Vihar police station around 3 p.m. along with his colleagues to lodge a case against Nishan Singh, a junior engineer with Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD).
The engineer and his team had earlier gone for a demolition drive in Inderpuri area where Singh`s house is located. Singh opposed their move after he was told a portion of his house will be demolished.
The MCD team then came to the police station to lodge a complaint against Singh.
However, after reaching the police station, Singh found the engineer there. He and his colleagues then allegedly attacked him and tore some legal documents. After which, a police officer baton charged the advocates, injuring two of them, a police officer said.
After the incident, over 400 advocates staged a protest over "police atrocity" at Karkardooma court. They broke window panes, CCTV cameras and doors at the court premises.
When police tried to stop them they were attacked. Eight policemen were injured. A head constable, who was critically injured, was treated at the Guru Teg Bahadur hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`