Lawyers, policemen injured in clash
New Delhi: Two lawyers and eight policemen were injured in a clash on Thursday.
Advocate Sujit Kumar Singh, who works at Karkardooma district court, had gone to the Anand Vihar police station around 3 p.m. along with his colleagues to lodge a case against Nishan Singh, a junior engineer with Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD).
The engineer and his team had earlier gone for a demolition drive in Inderpuri area where Singh`s house is located. Singh opposed their move after he was told a portion of his house will be demolished.
The MCD team then came to the police station to lodge a complaint against Singh.
However, after reaching the police station, Singh found the engineer there. He and his colleagues then allegedly attacked him and tore some legal documents. After which, a police officer baton charged the advocates, injuring two of them, a police officer said.
After the incident, over 400 advocates staged a protest over "police atrocity" at Karkardooma court. They broke window panes, CCTV cameras and doors at the court premises.
When police tried to stop them they were attacked. Eight policemen were injured. A head constable, who was critically injured, was treated at the Guru Teg Bahadur hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues