Lord Swraj Paul for tough law against rape
Geneva: Leading NRI industrialist Lord Swraj Paul on Saturday offered his condolences to the Delhi gang-rape victim, who died in a Singapore hospital, and said the least the government can do now is to toughen the law against such heinous crimes.
The brutal rape of the 23-year-old girl has shocked the whole world and had also underlined the need for speedy justice, he said.
"It is obvious that the law against such offences has to be strengthened and swift action taken so that it acts as a deterrent," Lord Paul said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf