Lord Swraj Paul for tough law against rape
Geneva: Leading NRI industrialist Lord Swraj Paul on Saturday offered his condolences to the Delhi gang-rape victim, who died in a Singapore hospital, and said the least the government can do now is to toughen the law against such heinous crimes.
The brutal rape of the 23-year-old girl has shocked the whole world and had also underlined the need for speedy justice, he said.
"It is obvious that the law against such offences has to be strengthened and swift action taken so that it acts as a deterrent," Lord Paul said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis