Mafia targeting Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal? IB issues alert
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal, who has become a national icon in country`s fight against corruption, is facing big threats to his life from mafia.
Reports on Monday said that the Intelligence Bureau has issued an alert to Delhi Police that Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal is facing threats from water and tender mafia due to his anti-corruption policies.
However, despite pressure from the Uttar Pradesh Police and Delhi Police for accepting `Z` category protection, Kejriwal has refused to accept any security cover.
The AAP leader has said that he does not need any protection for himself and instead wants the Aam Aadmi (common man) to be protected first.
As per reports, the IB sources claim the threats have come from the water and tender mafia, which can go to any extent if Kejriwal continues to pursue his anti-corruption policies.
Earlier, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde had revealed that Delhi Police is providing adequate security to AAP convenor without his knowledge. He also claimed that Kejriwal was put under a security blanket shortly after he became the Chief Minister.
He had also said that the Delhi Police Commissioner had also spoken to the Superintendent of Police, Ghaziabad, to protect the area where Kejriwal resides.
The Ghaziabad police has deployed 20 policemen outside AAP chief`s apartment in Kausambi after receiving alert from IB Ministry, as reported.
"Despite the Delhi CM`s refusal, we have decided to provide him with 24-hour `Z` category security. Two head constables and eight constables will be deployed outside Kejriwal`s house from Monday. Besides, two Personal Security Officers will also be posted as part of the Delhi CM`s security detail," SSP Dharmendra Singh told reporters on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border