Man attempts suicide at Metro station
New Delhi: A 55-year-old man on Saturday attempted suicide by jumping in front of a Delhi Metro train at the INA station here, officials said, in the third such incident in three days.
"The man jumped from the platform after which the driver applied emergency brakes. The incident took place at 12.11 pm," the Metro spokesperson said. The man was rushed to hospital.
The train was going towards Rajiv Chowk.
This is the third such incident in Delhi and its surrounding areas in the last three days.
A 28-year-old woman died on Thursday after jumping off a Gurgaon Metro station. Another woman committed suicide by jumping off an elevated Metro station in west Delhi`s Kirti Nagar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know