Man attempts suicide at Metro station
New Delhi: A 55-year-old man on Saturday attempted suicide by jumping in front of a Delhi Metro train at the INA station here, officials said, in the third such incident in three days.
"The man jumped from the platform after which the driver applied emergency brakes. The incident took place at 12.11 pm," the Metro spokesperson said. The man was rushed to hospital.
The train was going towards Rajiv Chowk.
This is the third such incident in Delhi and its surrounding areas in the last three days.
A 28-year-old woman died on Thursday after jumping off a Gurgaon Metro station. Another woman committed suicide by jumping off an elevated Metro station in west Delhi`s Kirti Nagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?