Man attempts suicide at Metro station
New Delhi: A 55-year-old man on Saturday attempted suicide by jumping in front of a Delhi Metro train at the INA station here, officials said, in the third such incident in three days.
"The man jumped from the platform after which the driver applied emergency brakes. The incident took place at 12.11 pm," the Metro spokesperson said. The man was rushed to hospital.
The train was going towards Rajiv Chowk.
This is the third such incident in Delhi and its surrounding areas in the last three days.
A 28-year-old woman died on Thursday after jumping off a Gurgaon Metro station. Another woman committed suicide by jumping off an elevated Metro station in west Delhi`s Kirti Nagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?