Man attempts suicide at Metro station
New Delhi: A 55-year-old man on Saturday attempted suicide by jumping in front of a Delhi Metro train at the INA station here, officials said, in the third such incident in three days.
"The man jumped from the platform after which the driver applied emergency brakes. The incident took place at 12.11 pm," the Metro spokesperson said. The man was rushed to hospital.
The train was going towards Rajiv Chowk.
This is the third such incident in Delhi and its surrounding areas in the last three days.
A 28-year-old woman died on Thursday after jumping off a Gurgaon Metro station. Another woman committed suicide by jumping off an elevated Metro station in west Delhi`s Kirti Nagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?