Man dies after constable forces him to drink alcohol
New Delhi: A 42-year-man died after a Delhi Police constable reportedly forced him to drink alcohol here in the capital, police said Wednesday.
The constable has been sent to police lines and a probe is on into the case.
Suresh, resident of west Delhi`s Begumpur, died in the intervening night of Nov 12-13 after Delhi Police constable Bhagwati, 40, reportedly forced him to consume alcohol after he refused to pay the constable Rs.20,000 as bribe, said a police officer, as per the allegation made by victim`s family.
"We are awaiting the post-mortem examination report of the victim, which can lead us to verify the allegation made by his family members," said the officer.
Suresh was a well-known bootlegger of Begumpur area and over 20 cases were registered against him, added the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city