Man dies after constable forces him to drink alcohol
New Delhi: A 42-year-man died after a Delhi Police constable reportedly forced him to drink alcohol here in the capital, police said Wednesday.
The constable has been sent to police lines and a probe is on into the case.
Suresh, resident of west Delhi`s Begumpur, died in the intervening night of Nov 12-13 after Delhi Police constable Bhagwati, 40, reportedly forced him to consume alcohol after he refused to pay the constable Rs.20,000 as bribe, said a police officer, as per the allegation made by victim`s family.
"We are awaiting the post-mortem examination report of the victim, which can lead us to verify the allegation made by his family members," said the officer.
Suresh was a well-known bootlegger of Begumpur area and over 20 cases were registered against him, added the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured