Man dies after constable forces him to drink alcohol
New Delhi: A 42-year-man died after a Delhi Police constable reportedly forced him to drink alcohol here in the capital, police said Wednesday.
The constable has been sent to police lines and a probe is on into the case.
Suresh, resident of west Delhi`s Begumpur, died in the intervening night of Nov 12-13 after Delhi Police constable Bhagwati, 40, reportedly forced him to consume alcohol after he refused to pay the constable Rs.20,000 as bribe, said a police officer, as per the allegation made by victim`s family.
"We are awaiting the post-mortem examination report of the victim, which can lead us to verify the allegation made by his family members," said the officer.
Suresh was a well-known bootlegger of Begumpur area and over 20 cases were registered against him, added the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack