Man dies after constable forces him to drink alcohol
New Delhi: A 42-year-man died after a Delhi Police constable reportedly forced him to drink alcohol here in the capital, police said Wednesday.
The constable has been sent to police lines and a probe is on into the case.
Suresh, resident of west Delhi`s Begumpur, died in the intervening night of Nov 12-13 after Delhi Police constable Bhagwati, 40, reportedly forced him to consume alcohol after he refused to pay the constable Rs.20,000 as bribe, said a police officer, as per the allegation made by victim`s family.
"We are awaiting the post-mortem examination report of the victim, which can lead us to verify the allegation made by his family members," said the officer.
Suresh was a well-known bootlegger of Begumpur area and over 20 cases were registered against him, added the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India's Security Council permanent seat hope receives setback
- Actors can do little to break away from stereotypes: Zakir Hussain
- Barack Obama endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency in electrifying speech at DNC - Watch
- Syria, Russia cluster munition use `relentless`: HRW
- Balle Balle! Harbhajan Singh, wife Geeta Basra blessed with a baby girl: Report