Man to pay Rs 60,000 per month maintenance to wife and sons
New Delhi: A man has been asked by a Delhi court to pay Rs 60,000 per month as maintenance to his estranged wife and their two sons.
Metropolitan Magistrate Rachna T Lakhanpal also directed the man not to dispossess the woman and their sons from his another house, where they are living, till finalisation of the case.
"I award Rs 60,000 per month to the complainant (woman) and her children towards their maintenance... It is well settled that the woman is entitled to same standard of living as that of the man even after separation," the judge said.
The court ordered payment of Rs 60,000 as maintenance saying that the woman has established that her estranged husband is a man of means and earning about lakhs of rupees per month.
In her plea, the woman had alleged maltreatment and torture by her husband and had said that she was facing financial hardships as he was not paying her any maintenance.
The woman said she was earning some money through rent of her properties but that was not sufficient to pay the fees of her two sons, one of whom is studying in college and another in school.
She said her husband has several properties and has also travelled several countries which shows he is a man of means.
The man, however, denied allegations of cruelty levelled against him by his wife and said she has filed this plea with the sole purpose to force him to transfer his property to her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks