Minor girl rescued from Delhi
Ghaziabad: A six-year-old girl, who had been kidnapped 12 days back from Muradnagar district, has been rescued from Delhi, police said on Friday.
According to Superintendent of Police (rural) Jagdish Sharma, the husband of the minor`s elder sister had allegedly abducted the girl over a family dispute.
The rescued girl`s sister was married to one Danish although due to discord between the two she was living with her parents.
On February 16, Danish visited his in-laws house and allegedly abducted the six-year-old saying that he would return the child only if his wife stays with him.
But following a complaint from the kidnapped girl`s father, police yesterday raided Danish`s residence and rescued the child.
The SP said that police were unable to nab Danish during the raid and a search is now on to find him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- December 16 gang-rape convict attempts suicide – Read Nirbhaya parents' response
- 1st ODI: Azhar Ali's 82 goes in vain as Jason Roy guides England to 44-run win over Pakistan
- Janmashtami: Watch Dahi-Handi celebrations from Mumbai
- Vietnam scientists spot rare endangered primates
- David Warner named Australia captain as Steve Smith heads home to rest ahead of hectic home schedule