Minors rescued from Delhi brothel
New Delhi: Four girls and women from Karnataka were Saturday rescued from a red light area here and a brothel owner was arrested, police said.
The victims, aged between 15 and 25 years, were brought to the city on the pretext of providing them employment, police said.
On a tip-off that some minor girls were being held captive in brothel number 71 at G.B. Road in central Delhi, police raided the premises and rescued them.
The victims said that they were promised jobs by a man in their state and when they reached the city they were sold off to brothel owner Varsha, 40, who has also been arrested, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred