Minors rescued from Delhi brothel
New Delhi: Four girls and women from Karnataka were Saturday rescued from a red light area here and a brothel owner was arrested, police said.
The victims, aged between 15 and 25 years, were brought to the city on the pretext of providing them employment, police said.
On a tip-off that some minor girls were being held captive in brothel number 71 at G.B. Road in central Delhi, police raided the premises and rescued them.
The victims said that they were promised jobs by a man in their state and when they reached the city they were sold off to brothel owner Varsha, 40, who has also been arrested, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof