Minors rescued from Delhi brothel
New Delhi: Four girls and women from Karnataka were Saturday rescued from a red light area here and a brothel owner was arrested, police said.
The victims, aged between 15 and 25 years, were brought to the city on the pretext of providing them employment, police said.
On a tip-off that some minor girls were being held captive in brothel number 71 at G.B. Road in central Delhi, police raided the premises and rescued them.
The victims said that they were promised jobs by a man in their state and when they reached the city they were sold off to brothel owner Varsha, 40, who has also been arrested, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- History on line as Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer get Wimbledon under way
- 10-year-old boy injured after minor girl forces sex in Kanpur
- Plane catches fire while making emergency landing in Singapore
- Dear Deepika Padukone, your IIFA attires were KILLER! View in pics
- Clerics issue fatwa, make transgender marriage lawful in Pakistan