Send message for safety of NE people: NEMF to govt
New Delhi: North East Media Forum, a New Delhi-based organisation of journalists from the region, today asked the Centre and state governments to send out a strong message that they were committed to providing safety and security to people from the northeast.
In a statement, the NEMF said the Central and state governments must send a message that all people of the northeast residing in different parts of the country were safe and secure.
"Government must provide all physical security to such fear stricken helpless people," the NEMF general secretary Kalyan Barooah said in the statement.
The NEMF said the government should also work to restore peace and amity so that the feeling of insecurity was brought under control and the overall situation in the troubled black spots should be brought back to normal where the panicked people can muster confidence to go back and start normal life afresh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP