Send message for safety of NE people: NEMF to govt
New Delhi: North East Media Forum, a New Delhi-based organisation of journalists from the region, today asked the Centre and state governments to send out a strong message that they were committed to providing safety and security to people from the northeast.
In a statement, the NEMF said the Central and state governments must send a message that all people of the northeast residing in different parts of the country were safe and secure.
"Government must provide all physical security to such fear stricken helpless people," the NEMF general secretary Kalyan Barooah said in the statement.
The NEMF said the government should also work to restore peace and amity so that the feeling of insecurity was brought under control and the overall situation in the troubled black spots should be brought back to normal where the panicked people can muster confidence to go back and start normal life afresh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere