Send message for safety of NE people: NEMF to govt
New Delhi: North East Media Forum, a New Delhi-based organisation of journalists from the region, today asked the Centre and state governments to send out a strong message that they were committed to providing safety and security to people from the northeast.
In a statement, the NEMF said the Central and state governments must send a message that all people of the northeast residing in different parts of the country were safe and secure.
"Government must provide all physical security to such fear stricken helpless people," the NEMF general secretary Kalyan Barooah said in the statement.
The NEMF said the government should also work to restore peace and amity so that the feeling of insecurity was brought under control and the overall situation in the troubled black spots should be brought back to normal where the panicked people can muster confidence to go back and start normal life afresh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened