Mob attacks AAP members during Republic Day celebrations
Amritsar: A mob attacked workers of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) during Republic Day celebrations here on Sunday, leaving several persons injured.
A group of people, under the banner of Hindu Krantikari Sena, allegedly attacked AAP workers when they gathered at Ram Bagh Garden here to unfurl the national flag, forcing them to run away from the place.
AAP convener Ashok Talwar, who was at the spot, alleged that the unruly crowd uprooted the pole, tore national flags and thrashed workers of AAP.
Talwar claimed that the protesters comprising young boys and girls were shouting against AAP leader and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for speaking against BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
A complaint has been lodged with the police, he said.
"It was a narrow escape for all the AAP activists including women who fled from the scene otherwise they might have been killed by the angry mob," he alleged.
AAP members alleged that the attack was a pre-planned move to sabotage the Republic Day function organised by the AAP here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users