Mob attacks AAP members during Republic Day celebrations
Amritsar: A mob attacked workers of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) during Republic Day celebrations here on Sunday, leaving several persons injured.
A group of people, under the banner of Hindu Krantikari Sena, allegedly attacked AAP workers when they gathered at Ram Bagh Garden here to unfurl the national flag, forcing them to run away from the place.
AAP convener Ashok Talwar, who was at the spot, alleged that the unruly crowd uprooted the pole, tore national flags and thrashed workers of AAP.
Talwar claimed that the protesters comprising young boys and girls were shouting against AAP leader and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for speaking against BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
A complaint has been lodged with the police, he said.
"It was a narrow escape for all the AAP activists including women who fled from the scene otherwise they might have been killed by the angry mob," he alleged.
AAP members alleged that the attack was a pre-planned move to sabotage the Republic Day function organised by the AAP here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends