Mob attacks AAP members during Republic Day celebrations
Amritsar: A mob attacked workers of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) during Republic Day celebrations here on Sunday, leaving several persons injured.
A group of people, under the banner of Hindu Krantikari Sena, allegedly attacked AAP workers when they gathered at Ram Bagh Garden here to unfurl the national flag, forcing them to run away from the place.
AAP convener Ashok Talwar, who was at the spot, alleged that the unruly crowd uprooted the pole, tore national flags and thrashed workers of AAP.
Talwar claimed that the protesters comprising young boys and girls were shouting against AAP leader and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for speaking against BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
A complaint has been lodged with the police, he said.
"It was a narrow escape for all the AAP activists including women who fled from the scene otherwise they might have been killed by the angry mob," he alleged.
AAP members alleged that the attack was a pre-planned move to sabotage the Republic Day function organised by the AAP here.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro