Moneylender held for shooting a techie in Delhi
New Delhi: A 36-year-old man was arrested on Tuesday for shooting down a software professional following a brawl over a minor issue in Rohini locality of north Delhi earlier this week, police said.
Surya Prakash, a moneylender, was arrested from his residence in Chirag village in north Delhi, said police.
"He has confessed to the crime and will be presented in a city court. He has a long criminal history," a police officer said.
Police are looking for another accomplice of Prakash, who was accompanying him when the incident took place.
The shooting took place Sunday night when software techie Himanshu Batra went with his four friends to Sector 17 market of Rohini to collect some packed food.
While Batra was opening the door of his car, it hit Prakash and a fight broke out between them.
Prakash pulled out a pistol and shot Batra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing