Moneylender held for shooting a techie in Delhi
New Delhi: A 36-year-old man was arrested on Tuesday for shooting down a software professional following a brawl over a minor issue in Rohini locality of north Delhi earlier this week, police said.
Surya Prakash, a moneylender, was arrested from his residence in Chirag village in north Delhi, said police.
"He has confessed to the crime and will be presented in a city court. He has a long criminal history," a police officer said.
Police are looking for another accomplice of Prakash, who was accompanying him when the incident took place.
The shooting took place Sunday night when software techie Himanshu Batra went with his four friends to Sector 17 market of Rohini to collect some packed food.
While Batra was opening the door of his car, it hit Prakash and a fight broke out between them.
Prakash pulled out a pistol and shot Batra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves