Mother of three commits suicide
New Delhi: A 32-year-old mother of three children committed suicide at her home in north Delhi as she was depressed over the family`s poor financial condition, police said on Tuesday.
Kalpana Thakur, who hails from Bihar, used to live with her husband and children in a rented accommodation at Samaypur Badli area, police said. The landlord found her hanging from the ceiling Tuesday morning, police said.
"We got a call at around 9.25 am. The landlord of the house went upstairs for some work and noticed that the deceased was not opening her room. He called her several times but she did not respond," said a senior police official.
Police have recovered a suicide note in which the deceased did not blame anyone.
"There was no problem between the couple. The woman was depressed over the financial problems they were facing," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'