Mother of three commits suicide
New Delhi: A 32-year-old mother of three children committed suicide at her home in north Delhi as she was depressed over the family`s poor financial condition, police said on Tuesday.
Kalpana Thakur, who hails from Bihar, used to live with her husband and children in a rented accommodation at Samaypur Badli area, police said. The landlord found her hanging from the ceiling Tuesday morning, police said.
"We got a call at around 9.25 am. The landlord of the house went upstairs for some work and noticed that the deceased was not opening her room. He called her several times but she did not respond," said a senior police official.
Police have recovered a suicide note in which the deceased did not blame anyone.
"There was no problem between the couple. The woman was depressed over the financial problems they were facing," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union