Mother of three commits suicide
New Delhi: A 32-year-old mother of three children committed suicide at her home in north Delhi as she was depressed over the family`s poor financial condition, police said on Tuesday.
Kalpana Thakur, who hails from Bihar, used to live with her husband and children in a rented accommodation at Samaypur Badli area, police said. The landlord found her hanging from the ceiling Tuesday morning, police said.
"We got a call at around 9.25 am. The landlord of the house went upstairs for some work and noticed that the deceased was not opening her room. He called her several times but she did not respond," said a senior police official.
Police have recovered a suicide note in which the deceased did not blame anyone.
"There was no problem between the couple. The woman was depressed over the financial problems they were facing," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months