Naxal attack: Condition of VC Shukla improving, but still critical
Gurgaon: The condition of Congress leader and former Union minister V C Shukla, who was injured in a deadly Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh last week, continues to show signs of improvement but it remains critical.
"Shukla has shown some signs of improvement on third consecutive day today but still remains critical," Medanta Hospital`s Medical Superintendent Dr A K Dubey said, adding that he cannot be declared out of danger.
The 84-year-old Congress veteran was airlifted to Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon from Raipur last Sunday.
Maoists had ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district on Saturday, killing 27 people including PCC chief Nand Kumar Patel, his son Dinesh, senior Congress leader Mahendra Karma and ex-MLA Uday Mudaliyar and injuring Shukla and 36 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of open manholes and huge pits claiming lives in India
- DNA: Analysis of open manholes and huge pits claiming lives in India - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of people's empathy towards terrorists in Kashmir
- DNA: Today in History | June 28, 2016
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees