Naxal attack: Condition of VC Shukla improving, but still critical
Gurgaon: The condition of Congress leader and former Union minister V C Shukla, who was injured in a deadly Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh last week, continues to show signs of improvement but it remains critical.
"Shukla has shown some signs of improvement on third consecutive day today but still remains critical," Medanta Hospital`s Medical Superintendent Dr A K Dubey said, adding that he cannot be declared out of danger.
The 84-year-old Congress veteran was airlifted to Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon from Raipur last Sunday.
Maoists had ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district on Saturday, killing 27 people including PCC chief Nand Kumar Patel, his son Dinesh, senior Congress leader Mahendra Karma and ex-MLA Uday Mudaliyar and injuring Shukla and 36 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!