NCR to have 29 more CNG stations by July `12: Govt
New Delhi: 29 CNG stations in the national
capital region, which are awaiting no-objection from
explosives department, will start selling the fuel by July
next year, the Rajya Sahba was informed today.
Petroleum Minister S Jaipal Reddy said during Question
Hour that 29 CNG stations located in Delhi and the national
capital region are awaiting no objection certificate from the
Petroleum and Explosive Safety Organisation.
By July 2012, the 29 stations, which have been
commissioned, will start operation, he said.
Currently, Indraprastha Gas Ltd (IGL) operates 241 CNG
stations in Delhi and NCR.
Reddy said in July 2008, it was announced that IGL would
set up additional 50 CNG stations before the Commonwealth
Games 2010 in Delhi and NCR.
"During the period July 2008 and October 2010, that is
prior to the Commonwealth Games, IGL set up 88 additional CNG
stations in Delhi and NCR," he said.
Of these 88 CNG stations, 40 CNG stations were started
before Commonwealth Games in October 2010. "The balance 48 CNG
stations could not be started before CWG 2010 because of non-
receipt of requisite permission/licenses/NOC/clearances from
various authorities," he said.
Currently, 29 of these are awaiting NOC from explosives
Reddy said the issue of claiming carbon credit from CNG
replacing polluting liquid fuels like diesel, will be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day