NDMC, SDMC remove over 30 illegal constructions
New Delhi: Civic bodies in the city are going out on an extensive anti-encroachment drive as both the NDMC and the SDMC have demolished among them, over 30 unauthorised constructions in the city.
The North Delhi Municipal Corporation has demolished illegally-developed portions in 22 properties and sealed 3 properties in City, Sadar Pahar Ganj and Rohini zones, th NDMC said in statement today.
In City Zone, out of 18 properties, three were sealed while in the rest, the illegally-built portions were demolished.
Four constructions were demolished in Sadar Pahar Ganj Zone and three in Rohini Zone, it said.
The Corporation would continues its drive to curb illegal construction. The demolition action were taken by the engineering department with the help of local police.
Meanwhile the SDMC today also said that it has taken action against 12 properties in its various zones. In Central Zone, illegal portions were removed in four properties while action was taken against three properties in Najafgarh and five in the West Zone, the SDMC said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city