New six-coach Metro trains to have identification marks
New Delhi: Delhi Metro on Monday said it has put
specific identification marks on all the six coach trains
operational currently on the busy Noida and Gurgaon lines to
ensure even distribution of passengers in all the compartments
and seamless transition from four-coach trains.
All the six coach trains will have the number ‘6’
marked prominently on the front and rear of the trains.
The windows of the train operator’s coach (the first
and last coaches of the trains) will also have the number ‘6’
marked prominently on them, a DMRC spokesman said.
The move comes after passengers were put to
inconvenience without knowing whether the train approaching
the station was a four-coach or six-coach one. It is also
aimed at ensuring even distribution of passengers in all the
Apart from these identification marks, prior
announcements are being made before the arrival of the six
coach trains to the stations.
Additional Customer Facilitation Agents (CFAs) have
also been deputed at the busy stations for the assistance of
the commuters, the spokesman said.
Delhi Metro introduced six-coach trains in December
on the Noida Line.
Currently, there are 6 six coach trains operational
on Line 3 (Dwarka Sector 21 to Noida City Centre/Anand Vihar
ISBT) and two six coach trains on Line 2 (Jahangirpuri to Huda
By the end of 2011, there will be a total of 95 six
On Line 2, there will be 54 six coach trains and six
four coach trains and on Line 3, there will be 39 six coach
trains and 32 trains of four coaches each.
By the end of the year, a total of 208 train sets
will be operational on the Delhi Metro network of which 113
will be four coach trains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?