NHRC sends reminder to Delhi government
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission Wednesday sent a reminder to Delhi government after it failed to respond to a notice over the death of four patients at a hospital when oxygen supply failed in the intensive care unit.
"NHRC is yet to receive a response from the Delhi Government on its notice seeking a report about the alleged death of four patients at Sushruta Trauma Centre due to interruption in oxygen supply in the ICU," a statement from NHRC said.
The incident occurred Dec 12 last year.
"A notice was issued to the Delhi government through its health secretary, calling for a detailed report on the matter within two weeks," the statement said.
"Having received no response, the Commission has issued a reminder on Feb 5, 2013 to the health secretary, Delhi government, to submit the requisite report within four weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Stop trafficking with a click! New TraffickCam app targets sex workers
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia