NHRC sends reminder to Delhi government
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission Wednesday sent a reminder to Delhi government after it failed to respond to a notice over the death of four patients at a hospital when oxygen supply failed in the intensive care unit.
"NHRC is yet to receive a response from the Delhi Government on its notice seeking a report about the alleged death of four patients at Sushruta Trauma Centre due to interruption in oxygen supply in the ICU," a statement from NHRC said.
The incident occurred Dec 12 last year.
"A notice was issued to the Delhi government through its health secretary, calling for a detailed report on the matter within two weeks," the statement said.
"Having received no response, the Commission has issued a reminder on Feb 5, 2013 to the health secretary, Delhi government, to submit the requisite report within four weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...