NHRC sends reminder to Delhi government
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission Wednesday sent a reminder to Delhi government after it failed to respond to a notice over the death of four patients at a hospital when oxygen supply failed in the intensive care unit.
"NHRC is yet to receive a response from the Delhi Government on its notice seeking a report about the alleged death of four patients at Sushruta Trauma Centre due to interruption in oxygen supply in the ICU," a statement from NHRC said.
The incident occurred Dec 12 last year.
"A notice was issued to the Delhi government through its health secretary, calling for a detailed report on the matter within two weeks," the statement said.
"Having received no response, the Commission has issued a reminder on Feb 5, 2013 to the health secretary, Delhi government, to submit the requisite report within four weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch