NHRC sends reminder to Delhi government
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission Wednesday sent a reminder to Delhi government after it failed to respond to a notice over the death of four patients at a hospital when oxygen supply failed in the intensive care unit.
"NHRC is yet to receive a response from the Delhi Government on its notice seeking a report about the alleged death of four patients at Sushruta Trauma Centre due to interruption in oxygen supply in the ICU," a statement from NHRC said.
The incident occurred Dec 12 last year.
"A notice was issued to the Delhi government through its health secretary, calling for a detailed report on the matter within two weeks," the statement said.
"Having received no response, the Commission has issued a reminder on Feb 5, 2013 to the health secretary, Delhi government, to submit the requisite report within four weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter